Thursday 9 August 2007

Nothing too exciting

Nothing much going on lately. I went out clubbing on Saturday night and on Sunday i went to the beach. The beach i went to is called Onjuku. It takes just over two hours on the train from my house. I met the Brasilian guys there, who i went surfing with last time. I took my surfboard but the surf was tiny. I had a short surf but the main purpose of the day was to have a bbq on the beach. I met some more of their Brasilian friends and tried some interesting Brasilian bbq foods, includings chicken heart skewers... tasted salty. I havn't had a decent surf since i got here but i have to remember that i didn't move to Tokyo to go surfing, i came here for other reasons...

This saturday is the Tokyo Bay fireworks. There are fireworks most weekends during summer but this is the big-daddy of them all. I'm going with some guys from work and some Japanese friends and we are going to wear traditional summer festival clothing- Jinbei and geta for the guys and yukata and geta for the girls. More about this later. Will hopefully have some photos too...

Speak soon

Cheers

James

No comments: